Saturday, May 11, 2013

Waste King L-2600 Legend Series 1/2 HP Continuous Feed Operation Garbage Disposal

Waste King L-2600 Legend Series 1/2 HP Continuous Feed Operation Garbage Disposal



Waste King L-2600 Legend Series 1/2 HP Continuous Feed Operation Garbage Disposal
Quiet, strong and cheap, best warranty. Get it.
I bought this to replace 20 year old ISE disposer which lost both of its blades and was pretty much useless.

Installation was almost plug-and-play except for the sink flange piece. I had to remove old one (couple of minutes), clean some old plumber's putty and make sure contact surface is clean before I put the new one on. Since I have stainless steel sink, the supplied rubber gasket was just fine to use alone. The outlet orientation and dishwasher inlet were in exact same spot as the previous disposer so I didn't have to mock around with that - perfect compatibility.

Last was electrical hook up. The disposer comes with around 2-3 feet of cable with standard 3 prong plug on one end... I had to cut it off and make electrical connection to old cable. Manual covers that and tells exactly which prong should be hooked up to which color of wire on the other cable. Similarly to plumber's putty, there were no wire caps included with the disposer.

At this point...

Impressive product and customer support
Like several of the other reviewers, I purchased this to replace a Badger 5. I found the Waste King product impressive on a number of areas. The warranty is five years and it includes in-home service, which is a rarity nowadays. Some of the larger Waste King models (1 Hp) have a lifetime in-home warranty. I looked at them, but decided to go with the

No comments:

Post a Comment