Sunday, May 12, 2013

GE Profile PTWN6250MWT

GE Profile PTWN6250MWT



GE Profile PTWN6250MWT
unhappy with GE Profile Washing Machine
I bought a GE Profile washer four years ago (2008), model number WPRE8320HIWT, which looks like the machine shown here. It was quite pricy compared to many other washers, but I wanted a good machine so I decided to pay some more for what I hoped was good quality. I have been sadly disappointed. We are a family of three, making moderate use of the washer. The washer worked fine, until three weeks ago, when it literally ground to a screeching halt in mid-cycle. The appliance repair man who came to check it said that pieces of metal from the transmission housing had broken off and fallen into the agitator workings. Fixing it would cost over $300 - requiring a new transmission, pump, and some other things to replace. When I contacted GE I was told there was nothing they could do unless I gave them the exact parts numbers (requiring another trip out from the appliance repair man, at my expense) because just telling them what the parts were was not enough - even though they had my...

Bad washer!
BROKE AFTER FOUR YEARS OF VERY MODERATE USE!! When the repairman came out he told me that it would cost 550 dollars to be fixed! He told me that the problem I was having with my washer was a common problem in GE washing machines! That's just ridiculous! Will not be buying another one of these washers and probably not another GE washer at that..

Disappointing
Bought this washer to be energy efficient. Have not noticed any savings and it does a poor job of cleaning. Its matching dryer has been great, but this was a waste of money.

3.6 Cu. Ft. Top-Load Washer (Titanium-on-White) ENERGY STAR

  • 3.6 cu. ft. Capacity
  • HE Low-Water Wash
  • Infusor w/ HyrdroWave System
  • PreciseFill
  • Speed Wash



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment