Sunday, May 12, 2013

Nostalgia Electrics RIC-100 Retro Series Automatic Ice Maker, Red

Nostalgia Electrics RIC-100 Retro Series Automatic Ice Maker, Red



Nostalgia Electrics RIC-100 Retro Series Automatic Ice Maker, Red
Worked great for 10 months, then broke
First let me say that I loved this ice maker. It was the only source of ice in my home and I used it several times a week over the last 10 months. Around the holidays and in the summer it was used almost daily. It was loud as some other reviewers indicated, but something you can get used to. It made the amount of ice as described in the online descriptions. The color attracted me to this unit, as well as the price. It was cheaper than some of the other units I had been reviewing for purchase. This machine was exactly what I expected.
Recently, it stopped working. The unit won't power on consistently. When it finally does power on, the ice tray is malfunctioning due to a crack running up the side. I contacted the manufacturer, but because it was out of the 90 or 180 day warranty period there was nothing they could do except to recommend a local appliance repair shop. I don't recommend this model or this manufacturer. The manufacturers' user guide for this ice maker touts...

lousy manufacturer worked 6 months then broke
Seems that many of us had common problems.
I had this machine for less then a year and it stopped working, the ice tray broke and the motor will not turn on. The manufacturer will not do anything because it was out of warranty. They would not even do anything else to help me. I feel that this product is not worth the money and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Ice Tray Broke, Can't Get Help
I've used this ice maker every day for most of 2 years. I know its out of warranty, but when an ice cube got stuck under the tray, it cracked up the side. I'm willing to buy a new ice tray, but can't get any help to do so. I'm getting told that there are no parts available for it. So because a 2 dollar plastic part broke, I'm out $200. Up till now, I've had no problems with this ice maker, but if you need help later on, don't expect much. My initial review was 1 star, but it should be 4 stars for product and 1 star for product/customer service. What good is any product without some kind of customer service? Your not going to buy a car if the tires that come on it are not replaceable and when worn out, you have to buy another car, are you? $20,000 or $200. It does not matter.

With its retro-style housing and portable design, this countertop appliance can produce up to 26 pounds of ice per day. The small ice machine works with regular tap water or bottled water and can hold up to a gallon at a time. Easy to use, simply plug in the unit, fill the reservoir with water, and it quickly and efficiently takes care of the rest. The ice-cube maker produces the first batch in as little as 6 to 15 minutes, and it drops nine cubes per cycle. A user-friendly push-button control turns the unit on and off, while a -inchselect-inch button allows for choosing from three different size cubes--small, medium, or large. An ice scooper comes included. Ideal for use in the kitchen, bar area, or office, the ETL-approved ice machine measures 11-1/2 by 11-4/5 by 14-1/4 inches and carries a 90-day limited warranty.

  • Countertop appliance makes up to 26 pounds of ice per day
  • Portable, retro styling; holds up to a gallon of water at a time
  • Produces first batch in 6 to 15 minutes; drops 9 cubes per cycle
  • Choose from 3 different cube sizes; ice scooper included
  • Measures 11-1/2 by 11-4/5 by 14-1/4 inches; 90-day limited warranty



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment