Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Samsung DMT300RFB 24 Built-In Dishwasher - Black

Samsung DMT300RFB 24 Built-In Dishwasher - Black



Samsung DMT300RFB 24 Built-In Dishwasher - Black
Bought based on feature-set for price, but very happy with performance as well.
We looked at quite a few dishwashers and wanted one with a stainless interior and an angled top basket. The angled top basket is a great feature and gives you quite a bit of flexibility in loading plastic stuff that may not normally fit in a standard basket.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post our purchase place and price but it was a couple hundred cheaper locally than they are currently being sold on here in the marketplace.

I read the reviews here and, while discouraging, I more or less dismissed them because I suspected that the review pool suffered from selection bias. I do NOT mean to dismiss or trivialize the other reviewers experiences. I believe that they have indeed had bad experiences with their purchases and that is certainly regrettable. My experience has been great, and I'm glad I bought it.

Quite frankly I think that I myself would be much more likely to review a dishwasher if it gave me a negative experience than if it worked fine and as...

HORRIBLE WORST EVER!!
We bought this in July, 2010 and promptly went on an extended vacation. When we returned home, it was past 30 days until we finally got to use it. Lo and behold it is the WORST dishwasher EVER!!!!! We bought it from Best Buy after explaining that we have teenagers who don't rinse the dishes and do a lousy job of loading. We were pointed toward this one. I did some research with Consumer Reports, and everything seemed to back up the Best Buy person's recommendation --- WRONG!!!! We've had this dishwasher for 7 months now, and I'm anxious to replace it. I have to use 3-4 times the amount of detergent to even HOPE to get dishes clean, run it through sometimes 5 cycles before they get somewhat clean, or just give up and hand wash the dishes. DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF TRASH!!!! Samsung should be ashamed. Samsung sent out a repair person, but no luck. Beat Buy sent out 3 repair people, but (and I couldn't believe this) 2 of the 3 ONLY TRIED TO GIVE ME DISHWASHER USAGE...

Worst Dishwasher Ever
I purchased this dishwasher for $150 more than the one I was originally considering because I thought that (a) Samsung makes good products, (b) the features offered were good for the money, and (c) you get what you pay for right? We couldn't have been more wrong. This dishwasher first of all, has a controls problem. My wife regularly leans up against the counter. With the fancy curved top area, the buttons extended just beyond the counter's edge, and she shuts it off on a regular basis. That's a wife problem yes, but still a problem that we didn't have with more recessed or touch-pad models. If that was our only problem, we'd consider it still a decent purchase. The fact that this washer has problems washing, rinsing, and otherwise making your dishes safe for use (i.e. no caustic soap left over in glasses, etc.) has made it the biggest money sink I've ever had the displeasure of investing in. Soap is CAKED down the door. It comes out either too late in the process, or this...

Samsung DMT300RFB Full Console Dishwasher with 4 Wash Cycles, Nylon Racks, 2 Cup Shelves, 2 Small Item Clips, Tilted Racking, Hard Food Disposer and Silence Rating of 51 dBA: Black



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment