Monday, April 29, 2013

GE Cafe CDWT980VSS Fully Integrated Dishwasher - Stainless Steel

GE Cafe CDWT980VSS Fully Integrated Dishwasher - Stainless Steel



GE Cafe CDWT980VSS Fully Integrated Dishwasher - Stainless Steel
Love Love Love!
I adore this dishwasher! Is it weird to love an appliance so much? I bought this along with the Cafe range and microwave. It's beautiful, sleek and modern and looks great in my kitchen. The controls are on the top of the door and are very easy to understand. One of the greatest things about this dishwasher is I can fill it up with an entire container of detergent! It gives a little warning light on the control panel when the detergent starts getting low. Super convenient!

This is also the quietest dishwasher I've ever seen (heard? not heard?). Sometimes I'll forget if I started it or not and have to actually put my ear against the counter to hear if it's running. Even then, it may take a little bit to figure it out. This was a huge benefit as I live in a loft with the living room/kitchen/dining room all open.

The top rack slopes so that on one side you can put taller glasses and the other side, shorter. This allows you to get taller items in the...

MAJOR DESIGN FLAW
I purchased the GE CAFE dishwasher in March of 2010 and within two years the keypad stopped working completely. When a GE technician was out for repair they told me this model has a design flaw. It was designed to be installed with a 1" gap between it and the countertop so that it could release the heat so it wouldn't short out the keypad since the keypad sits at the top of the door. First of all, that was never explained when purchasing the appliance (and i did have it professionally installed), and secondly how would you raise an existing countertop by 1"? I strongly advise you stay away from this model since even if you get it repaired the problem is only going to repeat itself....over and over again. Unfortunately I'm out $1400 plus another $200 for the repair charges. Also, this dishwasher doesn't do anything spectacular, my old dishwasher that cost $300 did the same job cleaning my dishes.

Totally Satisfied!
Super quiet and gorgeous!! Cleans dishes extremely well, that being said I did do a little research in regards to the new low-phosphate detergents. Since getting our new dishwasher I'm really cleaning the dishes before they go in, not because the new dishwasher isn't effective but because the new low-phosphate detergents cause the food to redeposit itself on the dishes during the wash cycle. I want to preserve this gorgeous dishwasher for as long as I can....I'm in love!! Love the hidden controls and options available for cycles.

Fully Integrated Dishwasher with 5 Wash Cycles, Towerless Nylon Racks, Two Utility Shelves with StemSafe, DeepClean Cycles and Silence Rating of 48 dB

  • PureClean wash system with 5-stage filtration



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment