Monday, April 29, 2013

Maytag MDB7749AWB

Maytag MDB7749AWB



Maytag MDB7749AWB
Great dishwasher for the price
When shopping for a dishwasher I struggled with balancing features and price. Scouring the internet for reviews, I settled on this Maytag over a similarly priced Bosch. This Maytag features a food grinder/disposer vs having to clean a filter in the Bosch and many other lower priced dishwashers.

*Easy installation. It comes with a plastic drain hose but not a water supply hose. The front legs and rear wheels are easily adjustable to fit typical cabinet openings. The supports can either be top mounted for wood countertops or side mounted for stone countertops. Maytag's website has the installation guide in pdf format if there are any doubts as to measurements required for installation.
*The upper rack slopes from left to right, allowing it to hold taller items on the right side. The downside is that items taller than 6" won't fit on the left side. The rack is not adjustable but is removable.
*The stainless steel tub keeps heat nicely and won't show staining from...

(MDB7749AWB) works well, but poorly made; Maytag customer service: insulting
This is the first dishwasher we've ever purchased (in August of 2011--to replace the Maytag MDB6600AWB which came with our home) and although I researched a lot before I selected this one, I've learned a great deal about what to look for next time.

So we've owned this Maytag for almost 6 months, and this is what our experience has been:

****Pros:

--It cleans quite well, most of the time. I still get the occasional piece of silverware with food caked to it. I do not use the removable silverware separators, however, because we (family of 5) go through more silverware than the separators would allow. For our needs, I liked the silverware basket setup on our old Maytag better.

--I am more than completely satisfied with the way this dishwasher dries my dishes. I do use the heated dry feature and rinse aid.

--The food grinder/disposer does its job well. I did not like the idea of having to clean a filter in the (higher-priced) Bosch...

steam cleam works-but 3-4 hour cycles- THEN FALLS APART
!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT>!!!
I did some research before I bought this dishwasher. All were stating how great it cleaned esp on the steam cycle. I agree it does clean well but- it takes 3-4 hours to run the cycle. It's not too loud but you definately hear it. This BIG COMPLAINT I have is the quality of the interior. The wheels on the bottom rack fall off- ALL THE TIME! Making it impossible to bring out of the dishwasher and put it back in. I had to lift it and push it in and pull it back out. It started within the first month. Finally the jetdry thing stopped working. I called them after owning it after only 8 months. The first repair man was nice and ordered the parts. The second repairman was rude and said maytag would not replace the wheels again after this and the warrenty from lowes would not cover this type of thing. It has only been a week and the wheels have fallen out during the wash cycle already. To those who do not know this messes up the washing of the...

Maytag MDB7749AWB Full Console Dishwasher with 14-Place Settings, 5 Cycles, 6 Options, SteamClean, Sensors, NSF Certified and Removable Upper Rack: Black



Price Comparison & More Details

No comments:

Post a Comment